3 August 2012

Weekly weigh-in #6 : -3 kg (total -8.1 kg)

Did you read the title?

You did?  Well, let me tell you again : I lost 3 kg this week.  When I said yesterday that I was expecting a nice number on the scales, I obviously didn't have that figure in mind. After all, Miss Scales was still stuck on on a 1,3 kg higher weight yesterday morning (as she had been for the better part of this week).  I was hoping to go over the -7 kg mark, in order to be able to grey out the top shelf of my sugar collection, but I did even better : I cleared out the top shelf and took down the first package of the second one as well.  Additionally I noticed that at the moment, I lost slightly over 5% of my starting weight.  If last week, I was down in the dumps due to that unprovoked gain, today I am feeling high as a kite. :o)

Next week, the result is likely to be less spectacular.  First of all, because a weekly 3kg loss is not sustainable, but mostly, because I am nearing the end of my cycle and according to my P.D. app (yes, I am such a nerd that I even track my monthly visitor's comings and goings on my phone), next week will be highly hormonal.

Looking at my charts, I noticed that I am often having little plateaus that last 4 days on average.  I should take this into account when the scale victories are not present on "official" weigh-in days.  All too often, I get discouraged when Miss Scales stubbornly indicates the same digits day after day, despite the fact that I exercise and eat on plan.  But every plateau is invariably followed by a steep dive to a lower weight.  And that is something I (willingly?) ignore when Friday arrives with bad news.

After 6 weeks, I lost 8.1 kg.  I don't want to jinx my chances but I would love to lose an extra 4kg by September 11, the day that I am expected at the hospital for the whole battery of testing and doctor appointments.  Of course, it will be just after my week's holiday in Spain, so to be on the safe side, I should probably have to lose more before our departure.

This is a bit frustrating.  I am so looking forward to discovering Madrid, and indulging on Serrano, tapas and all the other goodies of the Spanish cuisine.  On the other hand, I am worried about gaining back in a week, what I have painstakingly lost over several weeks leading up to the holiday.  I will try to keep a record of what I eat, confiding every bite into the fitbit app, but what if it isn't enough?

What do you do on holiday?  How do you combine dieting with enjoying local foods? Any suggestions on how I could handle the situation?  

Until tomorrow,



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 8 pts (20 cl halfskimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestlé fitness chocolate 5pts, apple)

Lunch : 12 pts (I didn't have time to make a bento last night, so I ended up with a vegetarian ready made meal from the grocery store which was worth 12 pts and I rounded up the meal with 2 apples 0pts)

Dinner : 26 pts (spaghetti bolognese with light emmental -> yes, I did go a bit overboard and I will probably regret it on the scales tomorrow)


Unused : 0 pts

Drinks :   3L still water.

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  2.305 kcal

No comments: