19 August 2012

Meltdown

With yesterday's temperatures topping 35 degrees, I knew I had to get up early, if I wanted to do any exercise today.  And if there is something that doesn't come naturally for this nightowl, it is getting up at the crack of dawn (well, an ungodly hour of me at least) just for the sake of exercising.  If you would have told me last year that I would put my alarm at 7.00 on a Sunday, just to go out and do a 10K,  I would have laughed at you. I would have. Really, no doubt about it.

Yet, that's what I did.  As usual I needed to snooze the alarm a couple of times before actually getting into a vertical position, but I did.  I geared up, filled up my camelbak with 2L of water and by 8.00 I was ready to go.

My powerwalk went fairly well, although I already started to suffer from the heat once I got to my 6K point.  My hydration pack came in really handy.  The only downside of it, is that I felt the pack getting lighter but I had absolutely no idea how much I drank.  Being afraid of getting stuck dry somewhere, I did buy a 50cl bottle of cold evian at my usual pitstop which I drained in one go.  Because I tweaked my route on the way in order to avoid getting stuck at a traffic light, my 10K ended up being a 9.77K, but as the temperature was already nearing 30 again, I didn't have the courage to do another block just for the sake of seeing the double digits on the Nike app.  I burned again over 1000 kcal on this powerwalk and that's undoubtedly a morale booster for me.  Upon arrival, I checked the camelbak and there was slightly less than 1L of water left in there, so I know that I won't have to stop for drinks on the road next time.  I will however try to put chilled water in the reservoir when I use it next, if I remember to put it in the fridge the day before.

Oh, and I earned a new FitBit badge too :o)



And just because it is Sunday, a little overview of last week's activities




Until tomorrow ...


Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 5 pts (greek strawberry yoghurt)

Lunch : 15 pts (starter : smoked salmon with cucumber and philadelphia cheese; main : ribeyesteak with salad, tomatoes, cucumber, potatoes and light mayo)

Dinner : 9 pts (Bouchon mussels and musterd dressing)

Snacks : 16 pts (1 Xpop icelollies and some krupuk)


Unused : 3 pts

Drinks :   4L still water.



No comments: