2 August 2012

My personal Olympics


Look at me ! First walk of the month, and I already reached my goal of breaking at least one of my July records in August. And I did more than break just one, as a true Olympian I broke five of them in one streak.  Ha ! :o)

My route today was almost the same as the one I did two weeks ago and I noticed I was going faster because of the soundtrack.  I remember that the last time I heard Kucha Las Payas, I was at an intersection and when the song kicked in today, I was already way beyond that place.  My pace has increased drastically.  My pace downhill from a month ago, is my current pace going uphill.  Seeing how the walking tempo is going up, I grow more confident in my abilities and I am slowly convincing myself that I will be able to be do the Start2Run until I reach the 5K mark, running instead of walking.

My favourite song for my walk? King of my Castle by Wamdue Project. Not exactly a recent one, but one whose beat matches my pace exactly.  I should try and find other songs with that bpm.  I have a few on the playlist that are a bit slower and I feel like they are keeping me back. Something to look into.



Weigh-in tomorrow. Unless something horrible happens overnight, there should be a nice figure on the scales.  Tune in tomorrow to see how much ...

Until tomorrow ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 8 pts (20 cl halfskimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestlé fitness chocolate 5pts, apple)

Lunch : 6 pts (Thursday's Bento: 100 g steamed potatoes, 100g lean pork sirloin, 1 tsp olive oil, carrots, babycorn and snowpeas 0pts, plum and 1/2 apple 0pts)

Dinner : 15 pts (170g turkey breast 5pts, 150g rice 5pts, mushrooms 0pts, asian veggies soup 2pts, 1tsp olive oil 1pt, petit louis cheese 2pts)

Unused  : 21 pts

Drinks :   3L still water

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.389 kcal

No comments: