26 August 2012

Walking in the rain

If I had any doubt about it, I now know for sure ... I am a cool weather girl.  Compared to my last walks in 26+degrees weather, when I struggled to keep a rhythm, walking today in a cool 15 degrees was heavenly.  The only downpoint to the walk was the rain.

I woke up early as usual, but one look outside told me I would have to wait to gear up : it was raining cats and dogs.  Twice, I thought the rain had let up, but when I opened the front door, ready to go out ... it was pouring down again.

Finally after 2 hours, my patience was rewarded and before I could change my mind, I rushed outside and started walking.  Thanks to the cool weather I managed to keep an average 9min/km pace and I felt energised.  However the rain wouldn't let up and after getting soaked midway, I decided to cut the walk slightly short.  One week from my holidays, I didn't feel like risking a bad cold by walking in the wind in wet clothes.  So in the end, I only did 7.5K out of the scheduled 10K.

Weightwise, things have been looking up as well.  After a couple of weeks of near standstill, I seem to be on a downward slope again.  Things are looking up. 

Going to the hospital tomorrow to get some bloodworks done.  The programme is starting.

Until tomorrow ...


Overview of my day :

Breakfast : none

Lunch : 19 pts (starter : boursin and raw ham; main : lamb chops, carrots, green beans and potatoes)

Dinner : 18 pts (ribeye steak with salad and potatoes)


Unused : 10 pts

Drinks :   2.2L still water.



No comments: