15 August 2012

Assumption Day

Today being a public Holiday (Assumption Day), it was a rather laid back Wednesday.  I didn't mind at all having a day off in the middle of the week.  Who would? :o) 

I decided to seize this occasion to increase my mid-week walk to a 10K too.  Usually I stick to 5K on weekdays, because I leave the house upon arriving from work around 18.30, and I want to get back within an hour. But today I didn't have any time imperatives, so a 10K seemed feasable.

However I left for my walk later then I originally planned.  I had scheduled the alarm for 7.30 but I just couldn't get up.  Too tired.  And it was almost 9.00 before my feet hit the bedroom floor.  A decision I regretted later on, because by leaving later I got caught in the upcoming heat.  And walking in 28 degrees, is no fun at all.  I felt I was painfully trudging along and my pace was indeniably slower than last Sunday.  I even had to make to extra stops along the way to buy new water bottles.  I usally carry a 50 cl water bottle on my walks and buy a second bottle when I pass a little shop about 2K from the end of my tour.  But today I was dehydrated and was starting to feel a bit dizzy, so I incorporated two extra pitstops on my walk.  

I think I will be looking for a camelbak type water pouch for my walks.  The other alternative would be to carry a belt with bottles on it, but considering the shape of my body it would be neither aesthetic, nor comfortable.

How do you keep hydrated on your walks?  Any suggestion is welcome.

Until tomorrow ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 3 pts (50cl aquarius lemon during my workout)

Lunch : 12 pts (7 wasa crispbreads 6pts, 50g WW duckmousse 3pts, 65g philadephia grilled pepper cheese 3pts, 100g mirabelle plums 0pts)

Dinner : 10 pts (1 serving Jambalaya chicken)

Snacks: 4 pts (rocket icelolly 1pt, 2 Petit Louis 2pts)

Unused  : 19 pts

Drinks :   2,5L still water + 1 diet coke can + 50cl aquarius

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.266 kcal

No comments: