31 July 2012

July Statistics

The last day of the month : time for a recap and some stats.

My activities

I only started monitoring my steps and walks, when my FitBit was delivered on July 4, 2012.  That's why there are a couple of days missing from the chart.  As for the steps counter, the days where the activity is nearly non-existant, I simply forgot to put it on before leaving for work. I try to reach at least 5.000 steps a day, which is merely half of what the WHO advises, but nonetheless not always easy to achieve (except on days when I go walking).


I try to go walking twice a week and usually (weather permitting) I try to come up with routes that are at least 5K long. The little pace graph (left bottom) shows a clear improvement in my walking pace, from 11"28'/km to 9"05'/km.  I haven't tried running or jogging just yet because I didn't have the appropriate shoes until last weekend.  I might give it a try in August but otherwise definitely in September, when I will join the local athletics club and their Start2Run programme.  Start2Run is the Belgian equivalent of C25K, and after 14 weeks I should be able to run a 5K.  Hard to imagine I will ever be able to do that, but many have preceded me and if they could do it, there's no reason I should fail. Right?


I established a few records this month. I should be able to break at least one of them in August.


This stat really cheered me up :  despite being obese, I did more Ks than the average women my age. Ha ! :o)


My food

At the moment I keep track of my calories as well as my points according to the weight watchers programme.  I don't know which one I prefer, but I do feel that the kcal counting is more accurate.  Even if going overboard on fruits and vegetables is not as bad as overeating on junkfood or sweets, giving them all a zero points value, can be a bit tricky.  Obviously, you shouldn't be eating one kilo of aples or oranges, just because you don't have to count them.  My daily points allowance is 48 points and it came down from 50 points a day when I first started.  I can count the number of days I used up all my points on one hand. Usually, I end the day with 10 to 15 points remaining to be used.  On a kcal level, I hover on general between 1.400 en 1.700 kcal a day. 

My body

On average there is a downward trend on everything.  It'd better be :o)

a. My weight : I lost 4,6 kg since the first of July.


b. My body fat: According to my scales, my fat percentage dropped 2,2%.  More of half my weight is pure fat.  That's gross.  First goal, make it melt to less than 50%.


c. My BMI: My Body Mass Index went down by 1.5 .  It is of course still excessive but I see that it is going the right way i.e. down.


Tomorrow is a new day and a new month. I am ready to start fresh and motivated.

Until tomorrow ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 8 pts (20 cl halfskimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestlé fitness chocolate 5pts, apple)

Lunch : 9 pts (Epigramme d'agneau bento: 100g lamb epigramme 7pts, 100g potato 2pts, leek & celeriac 0pts, fruits are 0 pts as well)

Dinner :  16 pts (270g baked chicken 7pts, 190g potato 4pts, salad, tomato and cucumber 0pts, 1 tbs olive oil 3pt, 45g 10% mayo 2pts)

Snacks : 3 pts (Royco minute soup Mushroom supreme)

Unused  : 12 pts

Drinks :   2.5L still water

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.672 kcal

No comments: