13 July 2012

Weekly Weigh-in #3 : -0.5 kg (total -3.8 kg)

Remember when I said last week that I didn't want to jinx my chances of meeting my first milestone by this Friday?  Well, I guess that the mere fact of mentioning it, was reason enough for the Fates to thwart my hopes.  :o(

This third week ended with a disappointing 0.5 kg loss.

I know I should be happy, because even half a sugar pack, is still a step into clearing out my overloaded sugar shelf.  But still ... I was so hopeful last Saturday when Miss Scales announced a 0.4kg loss. The day before the losing mechanism started to falter. Sunday same weight.  Monday, eek, a 300gr gain, which promptly disappeared a day later when my monthly visitor dropped by, taking an extra 100gr in its stride.  And that's it.  For the past four days, I have seen the same digits, appear on Miss Scales' display, over and over again.  I don't know what to think of it.  Am I eating too much? Or not enough? I know I am not hungry nor craving sweets. Isn't that something inherent to dieting which proves you're on the right track? Shouldn't I feel hungry and frustrated foodwise? Actually, besides keeping a food diary, not much has changed since I started dieting and blogging again.  I only upped my fluid intake, went from 1 can of diet coke to none and completely removed any sweets from menu.  I am a bit at a loss.  Doing this on my own without feedback or support, is hard sometimes.  I guess that my entourage has heard me say "this time it's the good one. I'm going to continue up to the finish" once too often.  Like Aesop's fable of the boy who cried wolf ... in the end, nobody cared anymore ... To be fair, I'm convinced the people in my life do care. I just don't feel pushed.  I guess, I miss the enthusiasm they showed the first time around.

I know I should try and work out more, but I am not convinced it is the sole reason of this little plateau (can you even call it a plateau after only a week?).  Because the weather is so variable these days (right now,18°C and raining ... yes, this was sold to us as a summer), my planned uptempo walks outside are often cancelled at the last minute.  I looked into acquiring a treadmill, so that my working out would no longer be limited by the weather, but I fear that will remain an unachievable goal.  All the "cheap" models (i.e. starting at 400 EUR) have a weight limit of 100 kg. Right. Just my luck. In order to have a machine that can handle my weight, I am immediately dropped into the higher price ranges (1.799 to 1.999 EUR).  And I know what they all say about "Your health is priceless", I am aware it is, but my bank account doesn't agree with that statement.  And as to the gym, I have a membership card to a chain of gyms but I've tried several of them and they seem to be inhabited solely by gym rats.  And I feel out of place, and conspicuous, ... and although I faithfully pay my monthly 70 EUR fee, I don't go ... by fear of stares, and whispers ...

This weather is getting me down and typing all of this, isn't helping my gloomy mood neither.  I'd better leave off here. Tomorrow is another day.  Tomorrow will be a better day.

Until then ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 10 pt (same as every day)

Lunch : 9 pts (Meatless Friday Bento :  valess filet 4pts, 42g udon noodles 4 pts, 1 tsp olive oil 1pt, all fruits and veggies 0pts)

Dinner : 21 pts (the second valess filet that had to be cooked 4pts, 200g tomato/mozza mezzelune 17pts)

Unused :10 pts

Drinks :   3L still water.

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.759 kcal

No comments: