9 July 2012

Happy Monday, a true oxymoron.


You know those days when you just wish you never got up in the morning?  When everything seems to conspire against you? Well, I've had one of those.  Luckily they are few and far between but they're real buzzkillers.

It all started with the alarm going off way too early for my taste (although 6.00 is the year-round wake-up hour).  So I kept snoozing it for a full 45 mins, before I even attempted to get out of bed.  By that time it was already 6.45 and I really had to get a move on (do I need to say that I am not a morning person?).  First stop : bathroom. And there I have the second moment of "blah" : Miss Scales told me I gained 300g, despite all the efforts I did yesterday.  I know it is most likely just water retention as I am nearing full cycle, but nevertheless ... it sucked and really dampened my mood.

Also, over breakfast, I must have spattered some milk because when I arrived at the office, I noticed a couple of small stains (at boob level, obviously) on my shirt.  I am not sure anyone noticed them but I did and it bugged me all day. I hate wearing stained clothing and it makes me even more self-concious then I already am. 

And whether this is a combination of all the above or just PMS acting up, I have been craving food all day long. :o(  Except for yesterday afternoon, I didn't have any snacks in between meals, and never felt a need for them neither, since I started back on WW.  But today ... oh boy. By 11.15, I was really hungry and had a cup of soup in order to make it to lunchtime.  The afternoon was even worse (cravingwise). I managed to stay out of the chocolate box at the office, drinking a huge glass of water every time I felt the urge to go and grab a piece, but at what price.  I started to display a foodcrazed obsession by the end of the day : I kept thinking about that chocolate; and how I wanted it; and how with all the points I have, a single piece wouldn't be that bad ... It's true I have more than enough points over at the end of the day to indulge in 10g of chocolate (2pts) but I am a bit scared that (considering my current mood) if I give in, 1 piece might end up becoming 2 or 3.  And I have been doing well for 18 days now, so I don't want to ruin it all by 20 seconds of gustatory pleasure.  Of course, that doesn't mean I don't feel frustrated though.

Looking back at this day, I am extremely glad that it is over and that I didn't cave in ... but I am still in an awful mood.  Hopefully a good night's sleep will bring serenity in the morning.


Until tomorrow ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 10 pts (half skimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestle fitness cereals 5pts, a glass of pear juice 2pts and an apple)

Lunch : 7 pts (Nicoise Bento : 100g tuna in brine 3pts, 140g potatoes 3pts, 4 black olives 1pt and all other fruits and veggies 0pt)

Dinner : 13 pts (200g boiled potatoes 4pts, 150g porkchop 6pts, brocoli 0pts, 2 tbs light cream 2pts, 1 tsp cooking oil)

Snacks : 1 cup of pumpkin soup 3pts

Unused :  16 pts

Drinks :   3.5L still water.

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.496 kcal


No comments: