17 July 2012

Bad weather and sugar cravings

The weather has been grey and drab for what seems like forever, and I feel that this morose weather is starting to affect my mood.  And  whenever I am annoyed or bored or just feel sorry for myself, I tend to eat things I shouldn't.  Hence my snacking in between meals, something I don't do normally.  

I have been able to refrain myself for going completely overboard, but even these small hiccups have consequences.  It seems that eating a sweet biscuit is opening up the door to a flood of cravings.  I don't know if there is some physical explanation to this sudden craving for sugar or whether it is purely psychological. I have no idea ...  I do know, that I went into the candy aisle while grocery shopping tonight, I had to convince myself not to pick up any chocolate.  Knowing myself, I would probably have eaten the whole tablet given a chance.  Not a very good idea, because I would feel guilty about it and not even enjoy it fully.

So, I drink another glass of water and hope that tomorrow will be a brighter day, like the sunflowers in the flower arrangement at the office.  Weather permitting, I will finally be able to go for a little walk before dinner tomorrow.

Until then...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 10 pts (half skimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestle fitness cereals 5pts, a glass of orangejuice 2pts and an apple)

Lunch : 8 pts (No bento today as I got home very late last night : 5 Wasa Crispbread slices 4 pts, with homemade chichen salad, composed of 1/2 a chicken breast 3pts and 1 petit suisse 0% fat cheese 1pt, apple 0pts)

Dinner : 10 pts (green beans with tomatoes 0pts, chicken filet 6pts and steamed potatoes 4pts)

Unused : 14 pts

Snacks:  7 pts (a cup of pumpkin soup in the morning and 2 grany apple biscuits in the afternoon)

Drinks :   3L still water.

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.605  kcal

No comments: