23 July 2012

A day in France


Having a week off, allows me to go wandering around and today the little daytip brought me all the way into Northern France. 10 km from Calais (and just under 200 km from home), we visited the ecomuseum Village St Joseph.  The little reconstructed village features all the tools, shops, etc from the early 20th century.  It was an interesting visit and after weeks of grey and rainy weather, we were blessed by a splendid sun during the whole day. 




Created with flickr slideshow.


On a food level, I used up all my points again. Always hard to make light choices when the menu features only 4 dishes.  I ate the fries on my plate, but didn't touch the bread basket (even though I was dying to eat some of the rustic bread). And because I came home late, I had to do a quick turnaround for dinner and ended up with a delicious although far too rich meal.  Oh well, tomorrow better I guess.

Until then ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 5 pt (Greek yoghurt with strawberries, and an apple)

Lunch : 20 pts (A Potjesvleesch dish at the Village St Joseph)

Dinner : 24 pts (Ham, ricotto/spinach tortelloni and 5 cheeses sauce)

Unused : 0 pts

Drinks :   2L still water.

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.876 kcal


No comments: