1 July 2012

Couch to 5K ... first steps


If yesterday was really hot, with temperatures around 30°, today was way better for what I had in mind.  The thermometer indicated a balmy 21°, there was a little breeze and although overcast the weather seemed to remain dry.

So, this afternoon I donned my running shoes and a sports outfit in which I didn't look too awful (any Eeyore t-shirt is cute), switched on the Couch to 5K programme and went on my way.

I would lie if I said it was easy peasy.  I couldn't do the full minutes of running (bad, isn't it?) but if I stopped running, I just walked for a couple of seconds before setting off again.  Considering my lack of exercise and the fact that I am basically carrying an extra person on my back all the time, I am however very pleased with my achievements and the fact that I didn't give up.   Especially, as I got caught in showers out in the open, only halfway into the cycle.  Which reminds me that I should wear my contacts when working out outdoors because I couldn't see a lot with all the raindrops clinging to my glasses. :o)

I'll have to redo the first week's training until I can do the minutes of running without stopping.  It's no use to try to move faster than I am able to.

All in all, I had a great Sunday : I met my running challenge, I lost another 0.5 Kg on the scales this morning and Spain won the Euro 2012.  I'll go to sleep with an immense feeling of satisfaction. :o)

Until tomorrow ...




Overview of my day :

Breakfast : no time for breakfast as most weekends

Lunch : 16 pts (Bami goreng with unweighed portion of pasta, an egg, lean ham and a bit of provençal tian on the side and an apple for dessert)

Dinner : 15 pts (2 pork/veal meatballs with an unweighed portion of rice, and a tomato/zucchini sauce and an apple for dessert)

Unused : 19 pts

Drinks : 2.2L still water.


No comments: