12 September 2012

Start2Run >>> ready, set, go !

Today was my first day of the Start2Run programme.  I was a bit nervous because while most people come with a partner or a friend, I was on my own and didn't know any of the other participants.

First surprise on arrival in the forest : cars everywhere.  How many people were going to be there?  On the info meeting, we were about 30 people but the number of people waiting for the start signal was far superior.  We were 62 runners and some of the people who registered couldn't make it to the first run.  The group is huge !  As usual the number will dwindle when the weather gets really bad/cold, or as the pace picks up.  Hopefully, I won't be one of the dropouts.

When I tried the C25K programme on the iphone two months ago, I couldn't run more than 30 sec without having the impression that my heart was about to jump out of my chest.  Since then I have been powerwalking a lot and my walking pace has increased substantially, but I never tried running again.  I was wondering if I would be able to make the 1 minute runs this time.  It seems silly for experienced runners (1 minute runs? Ridiculously easy.) but I swear that by the 8th interval the minute seemed to last an eternity.

Anyway, the 1 minute runs where followed by 3 min walks and although the first 5 runs were going just fine, I was really struggling to keep running during the last three ones.  Next run will be this Friday, with 1 minute runs and 2 minute walking intervals.  I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Foodwise, things seem to be working out nicely.  I had a yoghurt at 4.00 PM and had dinner after the run.  I went slightly overboard on the amount of fish I prepared, but I didn't add any fat and omitted any starchy foods.  Hopefully Miss Scales will also be impressed by this change in energy input.

Until tomorrow,



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 8 pts (20 cl halfskimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestlé fitness chocolate 5 pts, apple)

Lunch : 13 pts (endives with ham and cheese 9pts, 200g potato 4pts)

Dinner : 5 pts (240g steamed seawolf and 200g leek)

Snack : 1 pts (Vitalinea strawberry yoghurt)

Unused : 19 pts

Drinks :   2.5L still water



No comments: