11 September 2012

In perfect health

Good news from the health front : I am apparently a quite healthy fatty, much to the surprise of the endocrinologist.  No cholesterol, no hypertension, no diabetes, ... With the exception of my slacking thyroid, my bloodworks are textbook material. :o)

I am really happy that all is working as it should.  For the thyroid, they upped my medication again and I'll have to go in for more bloodworks in 6 weeks to see how I react to the higher hormonal dose.

The dietician was very pleased with my weight loss to date and didn't have any substantial remark on my food plan.  The only thing she said was that I should have a snack in the afternoon.  That way, I will be less ravenous come dinner time and it will be easier to downsize the importance of dinner in the whole day.  At the moment, dinner brings about 40% of my daily energy and I should be able to reduce it to about 30%.  By cutting down on carbs during the evening and having a protein rich snack in the afternoon, the balance should be restored.  I am going to eat a yoghurt around 5 PM and see how that works.  She set an interim goal of an extra -15kg, which I should reach over the next 6 months.  Considering my weightloss over the past weeks, I think this number might be a bit too cautious, but we'll see.

Next Monday I am going to meet a physical therapist to set up a workout, cardio and muscle strengthening.  Before setting off on the workout though, he wants me to have an appointment with a cardiologist.  In the programme, they really aren't taking any chances with me.

Talking about exercising, I am starting Start2Run tomorrow night.  The group is meeting in the forest at 6.30 PM, and I bought some lightweight running gear today.  Unfortunately, I had to shop in the men's department as the women running clothing line doesn't go over a size L.  Isn't it contradictory that you have to exercise to loose weight, but that they don't provide you with the appropriate gear just because you are too big?  It's another pet peeve of mine, so I won't go into it tonight, but I find it highly annoying.

Until tomorrow,



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 4 pts (soyjoy apple bar)

Lunch : 8 pts (Ratatouille Bento : Valess BBQ filet 4pts, 100g potato 2pts, 1 tsp olive oil 1pt, ratatouille veggies 0pts, fruit 0pts)

Dinner : 12 pts (endives with ham and cheese 9pts, 160g potato 3pts)

Snack : 5 pts (petit louis cheese and ham)

Unused : 18 pts

Drinks :   2L still water



No comments: