17 September 2012

Hitting the weights

Foodwise, this hasn't been the best of days. Although I stayed with my calories budget, I clearly messed up my proportions by indulging on cheeses (needless to say, full-fat ones) during the afternoon. It had been a while since I had this type of craving, and since I wasn't at home (bc cat-sitting at my parents' house), I didn't have any healthy options to flee too.  I was caught completely unaware. It could have been worse though as there were sugary treats available.  In the spur of the moment, I thought that cheese, being a source of protein, would be the healthier choice.  When I see that the 60g of gruyere cheese cost about 250 kcal, I am not quite so convinced anymore.


Anyway, today was also the day I had my appointment scheduled with the PT guy for my work out.  I got there almost 45 minutes ahead of time, so I spent some time waiting in front of a closed door.  And I had quite a ot of senior citizens to keep me company :o)

The workout in itself went OK.  30 minutes interval training on the stationary bike (linked to a HR monitor), a bit of treadmill and then some strength training.  Because I usually concentrate on cardio, I never used any of the weight machines and was a bit at a loss concerning the weight to use.  The PT decided for me though, and I ended up doing reps with 25 and 30 kg weights.  Just enough weight to be glad when I reached the last rep :o)

Without a doubt, I'll be sore tomorrow ...

Until then,



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 271 kcal (20 cl halfskimmed milk, 45g nestlé fitness chocolate)

Lunch : 525 kcal  (Thai curry with tofu and rice, apple)

Dinner : 282 kcal (Italian salad with grilled vegetables. I didn't put any dressing on, so it might have been lower in kcal value)

Snacks : 400 kcal (0% fat Vitalinea peach yoghurt, 2 petit louis cheeses and 60g gruyère cheese)


Drinks :   1.5L still water




No comments: